Monday 2 June 2014

Fresh Bread

Fresh Bread

I loveeeeee bread but scared of eating it now a days as I am trying to lose weight and bread for me never stops at one slice or two or even three. Hence, I don't buy it unless its a Saturday and Sunday is egg day. Today, I was really really craving for bread and didn't have any at home. Then as I have been bitten by the baking bug, I decided to make some myself at home. This was my first attempt and trust me, I am going to make this more and more number of times unless my baking phase fades off. Very simple way to make it and super satisfaction when you eat it with butter melting over it. Try it and you will know what I felt.

Makes 3 Bafs

Ingredients

225 g Plain Flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp Salt
100 ml Tepid Water
1 tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra for oiling
1 tsp east-Blend Dried Yeast

Preparation

1. Sift the flour and salt into a large, warmed bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the water, oil and yeast to the well.
3. Gradually mix in and form a dough.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 to 7 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
5. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with cling film.
6. Leave in a warm place to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
7. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead again until smooth. 
8.  Grease a baking tray with oil.
9. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces, shape into rounds and space well apart on the prepared baking tray. 
10. Dust with a little extra flour for a softer crust. Cover with cling film and leave to rise again in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the baps are doubled in size.
11. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the crust is slightly browned.
13. When done, remove it outside and let it cool a bit. 
13. Add the butter on top so that it melts on the hot bread immediately.

Note: You need to test the yeast for the base before you use to know its active. Put 2 tsp yeast in warm water along with pinch of sugar and cover and leave for 15 minute. If the water becomes frothy, then the yeast is active and can be used.

Eat the bread as fresh as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment