Monday 2 June 2014

Cheese and Tomato Pizza

Cheese & Tomato Pizza

Cook when takes a holiday leaves you in a tiff when you are not used to cooking for a long time. Hence, I decided to make something special for my husband Vicky who loves food but never complains on what he gets to eat at home. Also, my bff Dipti was visiting us, hence I made Onion Tomato Mini Uttappas and decided to try my hand at making pizza right from the base. I was not sure as had never baked more than pasta or cakes, cookies and brownies. I was apprehensive but my husband and friend who always give me their honest opinion loved it and finished both the pizzas wanting for more. I am proud about it and this has motivated me in trying new things from now which you will see my blog very soon and more frequently. Try it and let me know how this turned out for you....

Makes 2 Pizzas

Ingredients
For the Base
225 g Plain Flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp Salt
6 tbsp Luke Warm Water
2 tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra for oiling
1 tsp east-Blend Dried Yeast

For the Topping
6 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese, grated
2 tbsp Fresh Basil Leaves, shredded
2 tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra for brushing
Salt & Pepper to taste


Preparation
The Base
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large, warmed bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the water, oil and yeast to the well.
3. Gradually mix in and form a dough.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
5. Form the dough into a ball and wrap with an oiled cling film.
6. Leave in a warm place to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
7. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly before shaping into 2 pizza bases. 

The Pizza
8. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
9. Brush a baking tray with oil and put the pizza dough base on it.
10. Arrange the tomato on the base and put the shredded cheese over it covering the whole base.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the basil and drizzle with the oil.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the crust is crisp and the cheese has melted.
13. Serve at once.

Note: You need to test the yeast for the base before you use to know its active. Put 2 tsp yeast in warm water along with pinch of sugar and cover and leave for 15 minute. If the water becomes frothy, then the yeast is active and can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment