Monday 1 August 2011

Vegetable Paneer Burger



A veggie burger is a hamburger-style patty. Burgers are often served with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup. 

Due to my recent pregnancy and delivery, I am not allowed to eat outside food. I had a strong craving for burgers and hence thought of trying one at h
ome. I realised that burgers are healthy when made home. Below is the recipe I tried and trust me they turned out to be amazing. Try it and let me know how you found it to be.

Serves 8

Ingredients
1 cup boiled Vegetables (carrots, capsicum, french beans)
3 medium boiled Potatoes
1 cup boiled Peas
200 gms frozen Paneer
4 brown Bread slices
1/3 tsp Green Chilli-Ginger paste
1/3 tsp Lemon juice
1/8 tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
Brown Bread Crumbs
Oil

Filling

Few Cucumber slices
Tomato slices
Tomato ketchup
Low fat Mayonnaise
4 slices Cheese

Burgers

8 burger buns

Preparation

1. Boil all vegetables, potatoes and peas in the pressure cooker. Mash them together and keep aside. 
2. Thaw the paneer and crumble the same. 
3. Dip the bread slices in water for few seconds and squeeze out the water. 
4. Mix the mashed mixture, crumbled paneer, bread paste, lemon juice, garam masala, green chilli-ginger paste and salt and shape into small flattened rounds. 
5. Sprinkle bread crumbs all over. 
6. Cook on a tawa with oil (you can also deep fry the same).

To Serve

1. Cut each bun horizontally and heat slightly on tawa (both sides).
2. Spread little tomato ketchup and mayonnaise on the lower half.
3. Please vegetable cutlet on the top.
4. Cut one cheese slice diagonally and use one triangle.

5. Put a few cucumber slices and one tomato slice on top.
6. Cover with upper half of bun.
7. Repeat with other buns & cutlets.
8. Serve hot with a toothpick in centre to hold the burger together.

Note: I used olive oil. 

I kept the vegetables & peas in the cooker without water for one whistle. I cut and kept the potatoes in the same cooker around the vegetable vessel in the water i put for the cooker. 


If the mixture becomes soggy, add little bread crumbs and mix.


Yummy Yummy!!!


3 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum I am going to try this tomorrow... but instead i shall use fresh paneer !! I love veg burgers !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks way too tempting..I wish I could eat it off the picture..Am gonna try this one. It better turn out to be as good as the one in the picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karishma, how did the burgers turn out to be?
    Thanks Archu....Try it out and let me know :)

    ReplyDelete